Sunday, May 13, 2012

MAY/JUNE FEATURED ETSY SHOP EmilyRoseBlossoms


ETSY ARTISAN WENDY PEARSON

Fabric Flower Creations by EmilyRoseBlossoms

I have always loved making things. When I was a little girl, around 5 or so, my great grandma taught me to crochet.   Later, when I was about 10 years old, my mom introduced me to the sewing machine. As a teenager the majority of my creativeness spilled into, and became all about, my makeup and my hair. (and boys, and cars, and . . . . well anyway, not much sewing and crocheting)

Once I married my husband Brian, and we started having kids, I began sewing again. I made my maternity clothes, and all of our kids’ costumes. Speaking of kids, our son Nick who is on the verge of turning 21, is a Combat Engineer in the Army. Our daughter Emily, and my shops namesake, just turned 17. Emily Rose (Rose was my mom’s middle name too) is just like me when it comes to the love of crafting, she’s my scrap booker.

While out shopping one day last summer, I came across a flower hair clip. That’s when the monkeys in my head started jumping up and down, the wheels started to turn, and the smoke started to billow out! I thought to myself, I could do that, but my way! So began my play with burning, melting, rolling, folding, and sewing all of my fabric scraps. After making my first flower, from a set of old kitchen curtains, I was hooked!


100’s of flowers later, it was time to do some pruning! My friends and family suggested that I start selling what I make. Hmmm…….. So now I get to put my passion into creating colorful blooms, and custom orders. I love that my flowers are decorating weddings, and accessorizing outfits.

After many fun and fulfilling days of flower making, I felt it was time to share what I have learned. Everyone should know how to make something pretty! With that in mind, I wrote my first flower creating tutorial. Have some fun and invite some friends over for a flower making party! Share the love of the bloom!!

Written by and about Wendy Pearson – EmilyRoseBlossoms

http://www.etsy.com/shop/EmilyRoseBlossoms

1 comment: